This recipe assumes you have already prepared chicken breast. See Chicken Breast and Thighs – Sous Vide. I cook several flats of chicken at a time and freeze it to use later.
This recipe makes 4 quarts.
- 1 lb. bag of whole carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 lb. bag of celery (cleaned and diced)
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 1.5 Tablespoons minced prepared garlic
- 48 oz. chicken broth (divided)
- 1 Tablesoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast (cooked and shredded or diced)
- NOTE: Prepare chicken as described above. The rub adds flavor to the soup. If you use unflavored (canned) chicken, please add Randy’s Poultry Rub or the same ratio of ingredients to taste.
- Optional – steamed asparagas (cut in 1″ pieces)
- Add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic to an 8 quart pressure cooker or instant pot.
- Add half the chicken broth.
- Stir in Salt and Pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes after pressure is achieved.
- Quick release.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (broth, chicken, aparagas).
- Heat uncovered until hot.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Total Sugars||1.93 g|