Don’t buy bone-in or skin-on thighs or breasts. The loss during cooking is 40%. If you buy boneless, skinless, the loss is more like 12.5% (or almost zero after you add the canned goods).
- 3 lbs boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lbs boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 4 bay leaves
- Randy’s Poultry Rub
- Salt and pepper to taste
- We are going to cook the breasts and thighs separately because we need different cooking temperatures for the best results.
- Coat the breasts in Randy’s Chicken Rub and place in a sous vide bag with 2 bay leaves. Seal.
- Coat the thighs in Randy’s Chicken Rub and place in a sous vide bag with 2 bay leaves. Seal.
- Sous vide the breasts for 1 hour at 158 degrees.
- Sous vide the thighs for 1 hour at 167 degrees.
- Drain both and remove the bay leaves.
- Salt and pepper to taste.