Skip to content
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12 oz.) fully cooked smoked sausage
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al denta; drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Stir in flour.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth.
- Stir in half and half.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer until sauce is thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and half (1 cup) of the mozzarella and stir until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Slice sausage into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the sauce.
- Add the chopped parsley and cooked pasta.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Set oven broiler to high.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.