Skip to content
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down on a cutting board.
- Cut away any skin and fat that extends outside the meat.
- Use your fingers to carefully pull the skin away to form a pocket.
- Coat the pocket between the skin and the thigh meat with rub.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of honey to the pocket.
- Coat both sides of the thigh with rub.
- Smoke skin side down 250 degrees until the meat reaches about 150 degrees internal temperature.
- Flip the thighs skin side up.
- Increase the smoker temperature to 350.
- Smoke until the skin starts to blacken on the edges and the thighs reach a minimum of 165 in the thickest part.