Use this rub for Smoked, BBQ chicken and ribs.
This same basic recipe can be used for either chicken or ribs. I prefer the rib rub to be sweeter so I double the sugar when using it on ribs.
Brown sugar tends to clump during storage so another option would be to mix the rub without sugar and add 2 parts rub to 1 part sugar for chicken or 1 part rub and 1 part sugar for ribs.
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar (double this for rib rub)
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder