For Smoked/ BBQ rub, use:
1/2 BBQ Salt mixed with 1/2 brown sugar.
For Roasted Rub, use:
- 1 Chicken Breast or whole Chicken
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup White Sugar or brown
- Create a brine solution. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 Cup Kosher Salt and 1/2 Cup white or brown sugar and 2 quarts of water.
- Add Chicken to the brine mixture and brine for up to 60 minutes. Brine at room temperature to help warm the meat to room temperature before smoking.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly and coat it with vegetable oil.
- Coat with rub mix.
- Place chicken in roaster trays and put in oven or smoker.
- Smoke with a mild wood (not hickory) or roast in oven at 250 – 275 degrees until the internal temperature reads 160 – 165 degrees. Chicken does not need to be cooked “low and slow”