Skip to content
I have several opinions about this:
- The meat should be very fine (not clumpy).
- The meat shouldn’t be greasy.
- I prefer this method for making large quantities of taco meat because it adds flavor from the browning of the meat.
- Follow the instructions on the Ground Meat – Browning post. This method provides the best flavor and is still low in grease.
- This recipe includes the salt and pepper for the bowned meat so we will add very little to the gravy.
- Place ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil to combine ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the meat in a full size steamer pan.
- Stir in the gravy.
- Heat in the oven, stirring every 10 minutes until sauce mixes in and most of the liquid evaporates. This typically only takes about 20 minutes.