- I whipped these up with stuff I found in the refrigerator and they were a hit! Dianne said, “I would eat this again tomoorw night!!! Yummm…”
- Serving size = 2 Green Peppers per person (if main dish).
- This recipe is sized for a single Green Pepper. Mulitply it by the number of peppers you are making.
- These have virtually no carbs because we replace rice and other fillers with Cauliflower Pearls.
- You can mix it up and create pizza style, taco style, barbecue style, etc.
- 1 Large Green Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Cauliflower Pearls
- 1/3 Cup cooked breakfast sausage (I have also used taco meat and pulled pork)
- 1.5 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1.5 Tablespoons Salsa (I use Dianne’s homemade salsa)
- 1/6 Cup Grated Cheese (I used Mexican 3 cheese mix)
- black olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring water to a boil in a large stock pot
- Core and de-seed the green peppers
- Boil the Peppers and Cauliflower in for 10 minutes
- Remove the green peppers and strain the cauliflower though a fine mesh strainer
- Mix the Cauliflower, Sausage, Salsa, Sour Cream, and Cheese in a large bowl.
- Stuff the Cauliflower mix into the peppers.
- Place the peppers on a muffin tin.
- Bake the peppers for 30 minutes.