Salsa has a high acid content so it will keep in the refrigerator for several (5-7) days.
This recipe makes ab0ut 44 ounces
- 2 – 16oz cans of tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove or 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno slices (Old El Paso – pickled)
- 1/2 tsp jalapeno juice
- 2 heaping tsp cilantro (optional)
- Pulse tomatoes and onions and jalapenos in food processor 2 or 3 times to break up large chunks.
- Mix ingredients
- We used to heat this to get the flavors to meld but we started just refrigerating it overnight instead.
Ingredients (almost 5 gallons):
- 4 (102 oz.) cans of tomatoes (Sam’s Club Member’s Mark #10 can)
- 4 Tablespoons prepared garlic
- 4 1/3 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 1/3 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons pepper
- 7 large yellow onions diced
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) jalapeno slices and juice (La Costena cans)
- 8 Tablespoons dried cilantro leaves (optional)