Skip to content
- 5 lbs pork shoulder 80% lean
- 1 tbsp fennel cracked
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper ground
- 1/2 tbsp garlic granulated
- 1 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cups ice water
- 1/2 cups olive oil
- Trim the pork, cut it into 1 inch cubes, and grind it through the coarse (1/4″) plate of your meat grinder.
- Combine the spices in a small container and mix with the of ice water.
- Pour the spice and water combination into the ground pork and mix thoroughly for at least 2 minutes.
- Stuff it into casings, patties, or bulk packages.
- Cool immediately. Refrigerate for 3 days or Freeze for 3 months.