This stuff air dries so you can keep it in a tight container overnight or freeze it for a few weeks.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk or warm water
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Gel food coloring
- Squeeze bottles
- In a medium to small sized mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients (minus the gel food coloring) and mix with a spatula or mixer until smooth.
- Add more milk or water, 1 tsp at a time, if the frosting is too thick. You can pick your desired consistency and manipulate it by adding more water or more powdered sugar. Ideally, when you lift the spoon or mixing utensil up, you want the royal icing that falls into the bowl to disappear within 5-10 seconds.
- Divide into bowls and add gel food coloring. Transfer to piping bags or squeeze bottles to easily decorate the cookies.