Makes twelve 1/4 cup servings
- 1 quart raw cashews (26 oz. by weight)
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar , firmly packed
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or use Silicone Baking Mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg white until foamy.
- Stir in honey, then stir in nuts.
- In a separate bowl stir together sugar, cinnamon, allspice, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the spice mixture to the nuts and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 300°F (176°C) 25 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally to break up any clumps.
- Watch them closely and remove them if they start to burn.