Notes: Makes 12-14 rolls. All ingredients should be room temperature.
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- Make dough on machine dough setting.
- Remove dough from machine and place in a greases bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest/rise for 15 -20 minutes.
- Turn out dough onto a floured board and press gently into rough square of even thickness (do not roll with a pin).
- Use a dough divider to cut the dough into 3 strips. Cut each strip in half twice this week give you 12 equal portions.
- You could also use the technique from Americas Test Kitchen here.
- Use your fingers to pull each piece of dough from the top and tuck it into the bottom to make a smooth round top.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or on parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet.
- Cover with Saran wrap and let rust another 30-40 minutes.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.