Skip to content
- 2 tsp pink curing salt
- 10 tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp Maple (try maple syrup)
- 80 ounces pork butt bone removed
- Place in Ziplock bag and refrigerate
- TURN DAILY to distribute cure evenly. It will get rancid if you forget this step.
- On the 7th day, remove from wrapper, rinse off brine, dry and leave in refrigerator for 24 hours to develop a pellicle (skin).
- Smoke at 200 degrees with applewood or other fruitwood (Mulberry) for about 3 hours until 150 degrees in the center.
- Allow flavors to meld for 24 hours before slicing. (It is easier to slice if it is partially frozen).