Don’t buy bone-in or skin-on thighs or breasts. The loss during cooking is 40%. If you buy boneless, skinless, the loss is more like 12.5% (or almost zero after you add the canned goods).
- 3 lbs boneless-skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lbs boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 4 bay leaves
- 20oz (2 cans) Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 14oz Aldi Pueblo Lindo Green Enchilada Sauce or equivalent (comes in 28oz cans) (Be careful, too much can make the chicken very spicy)
- 8 oz Taco Sauce (homemade recipe or Ortega)
- 2 Tbsp Masa Flour
- Randy’s Poultry Rub
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- We are going to cook the breasts and thighs separately because we need different cooking temperatures for the best results.
- Coat the breasts in Randy’s Chicken Rub and place in a sous vide bag with 2 bay leaves. Seal.
- Coat the thighs in Randy’s Chicken Rub and place in a sous vide bag with 2 bay leaves. Seal.
- Sous vide the breasts for 1 hour at 158 degrees.
- Sous vide the thighs for 1 hour at 167 degrees.
- Drain both and remove the bay leaves.
- Chop the meat into 1/2″ or smaller cubes.
- Heat the Rotel, both sauces, and masa flour in a separate pan until thickened
- Stir the sauce into the chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.