The best way to do sous vide ribs is probably smoke-sous vide-smoke but that seems really complicated and it would be hard to serve them whenever you want.
These ribs are finished in the oven. You could freeze them before finishing and thaw them at a later date and finish them in any oven.
- Baby back rib slabs in half.
- Adam’s Rib Rub (minus the brown sugar).
- Mix the rub (minus the brown sugar) We will add the sugar later.
- Cut the rib slabs in half at the 6th or 7th rib.
- Clean the bone slivers from the ribs and remove the membrane.
- Coat the ribs in rub.
- Smoke the ribs at 225 degrees for 3 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker.
- Lay the ribs together so the small bones lay against the middle of the other half-slab to help prevent the bones from poking through the bags. You may still need to double bag some slabs.
- Seal the slabs.
- Sous vide the slabs at 165 degrees for 12 hours.
- Remove the slabs from the sous vide and finish or freeze them.
- To finish the slabs, preheat an oven to 400 degrees. remove them from the bag
- Remove the ribs from the bag and mix the juice from the bag with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet and cook in the oven until browned and heated through, basting with the rib juice mixture every 5 minutes.