Secret recipe from a Louisiana friend of our friend Charles Thiboudoux, DVM
- Big 24oz bottle of Italian Dressing
- ½ small 2oz bottle of onion juice
- ½ small 2oz bottle of garlic juice
- 1/3 bottle of Lee & Perrins Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste (3 to 6 oz.)
- Heat enough to blend flavors (do not boil).
- Strain! – Must fit through syringe.
- Inject all the muscle (every square inch) with marinade
- Cut off the wings and the legs.
- Coat outside of bird with Tony Cachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil to 325 – 375 degrees.
- Cook breast first then cook legs and wings. Cooking them w/ breast turns them to rubber.
- Drop in slow to keep the oil hot.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes per pound.
(Note: for large birds 4min/lb is not enough)