Skip to content
- 1 gallon distilled water (or boiled tap water to remove chlorine)
- 1 cup kosher of unionized salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 fresh tarragon leaves or 1/4 cup dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- If you boil the water, let it cool before using.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Place Turkey in large non-metallic dish and cover completely with brine. (I like to use a 5 gallon gott drink cooler.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 24 hours or overnight. (If using a cooler, add several inches of ice and make sure there is always unmelted ice in the cooler).
- Remove Turkey from Brine and dry. Coat with olive oil. Place in Smoker.