This recipe is adapted from the traditional tortilla soup recipe on this site.
I eliminated the water because the pressure cooker doesn’t lose as much from evaporation.
There is no need to pre-cook the chicken when you use a pressure cooker.
If you double this recipe, it will not fit safely in an 8 quart pressure cooker. If you are using pre-cooked chicken, add it after pressure cooking so you will have enough space for all the liquids. If you use raw chicken, leave out half the broth and stir in the remaining broth after pressure cooking.
- 2 cups chicken breast diced
- 1/2 green pepper minced
- 3 ribs celery minced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 14 1/2 ounces canned tomatoes
- 5 ounces Ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 10 3/4 ounces tomato soup
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 6″ corn tortillas cut in 1″ squares (leave out for low carb/keto)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar or Monetary Jack Cheese grated
- Saute the green pepper, celery, onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until soft but not brown
- Add remaining ingredients except for tortillas and cheese
- Bring up to pressure and cook for 50 minutes
- Release pressure
- Add tortillas and cook for 10 minutes
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with cheese