This is adapted from Dianne’s Chili Recipe
I don’t think hamburger does well when cooked in a pressure cooker. I think you should brown the hamburger separately and add it after the pressure is released and simmer it for a few minutes to absorb the chili flavor.
- 12 oz.(about 1.5 cups) dry red beans
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 (14.5oz) cans Del Monte Stewed Tomatoes – Mexican Recipe or same amount of Diced Tomatoes with Green Peppers and Onions
- 1 (15 oz.) can Hunts Tomato Sauce seasoned for Chili
- 1 to 2 lbs browned hamburger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the hamburger, salt and pepper in the pressure cooker.
- Drain the grease.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Seal and heat on high until pressure relief starts to rock.
- Reduce heat and cook for in additional 55 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let pressure drop naturally (about 10 minutes)