It is hard to make smoked, shredded chicken breast without drying it out. This recipe ensures the chicken will have smoke throughout, will be cooked thoroughly, and will not be dry and tough.
- Start Sous Vide heating at 158 degrees.
- Coat chicken breasts in olive oil.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a cake rack on a baking sheet.
- As soon as your smoker begins to produce smoke (while preheating), put the chicken in smoker and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove from smoker, coat with rub, put in Sous Vide bag.
- Use your favorite rub or try my Chicken and Rib Rub.
- Sous Vide for 1 hour.
- Stir in additional rub to taste.