Smoke follows beauty! That’s why we prefer to make our camping treats in the oven.
INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 graham cracker
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1/2 of a 1.55 oz. chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Place the following ingredients in layers on a cookie sheet:
- Layer #1 – 1/2 a graham cracker
- Layer #2 – 1/2 a chocolate bar
- Layer #3 – 1 large marshmallow
- NOTE: If you also place the other half of the graham cracker in a separate place on the sheet, it will warm up and stick to the marshmallow when you assemble the smore.
- Bake for 4 minutes
- Remove from the oven and immediately top with the other half of the graham cracker, pressing down until the marshmallow extends beyond the sides.
- You can substitute Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, 2 Rolos (this option is very good), or other chocolate candy for the chocolate bar.
- You can microwave 8 oz sweetened condensed milk for 1.5 minutes and stir in 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips to make a chocolate drizzle to decorate the tops of the smores after you add the second graham cracker half.
- You can also add frosting sprinkles to decorate for specific holidays.