From Taste of Home (but with more pictures)
- 30 crisp ladyfinger cookies (original reciple said 18)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (original recipe was half of this)
- 4 tablespoons bourbon (original recipe was half of this)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- NOTE: You will be using 2 layers of ladyfingers and 2 layers of pumpkin mix. If you cut the ladyfingers in half, they should all arrange to cover an 8 inch x 8 inch pan.
- Using a serrated knife, cut 6 ladyfingers in half widthwise.
- In a shallow bowl, combine maple syrup and bourbon.
- Dip 6 whole ladyfingers and 6 halves into mixture; arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. square dish.
- In a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and salt; fold in whipped cream.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and remaining cream until thickened.
- Spread half of pumpkin mixture over the first layer of ladyfingers in the dish.
- Dip remaining ladyfingers; arrange over the top to create a second layer of ladyfingers.
- Top with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Top everything with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a microwave, heat caramel sauce; stir in bourbon.
- Drizzle the caramel bourbon sauce over the top of each serving.