Skip to content
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 onion minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup herb stuffing mix small chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs hamburger
- Mix tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl. Mix it separately so half can be added to the hamburger and half can be spread on top.
- In a separate bowl (or in a mixer), mix all the other ingredients plus half of the ingredients from the first bowl.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl that is at least 1 quart per lb of hamburger used.
- Microwave until 165 degrees in the center and juices run clear. (2 lbs. takes about 20 minutes).
- Alternatively, you can cook in an oven in about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Minced Celery, broccoli, and mushrooms would also work well in this recipe.