The addition of 1 or 2 teaspoons of Kitchen Bouquet® makes this recipe very good.
Recipe should be”plump” from the addition of the milk or Half & Half. It should NOT be runny.
A second batch of sauce served hot is good to serve with the meatloaf.
You can freeze this and cook it from frozen add 15 – 20 minutes to cook time.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef ground shoulder roast is good
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 4 Tbsp apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar packed firm (to taste)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into a loaf baking dish.
- Smooth out top.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.