Skip to content
- Makes (2) 4.25oz margaritas.
- A typical margarita is 4oz of liquid plus ice.
- 2 oz tequila any cheap
- 1 oz cointreau or other orange liquor
- This is the most expensive part. See the recipe for Cointreau (DIY from Brandy) on this site.
- 1/2 oz 7up or orange juice
- 1 oz sweetened lime juice
- 4 oz sweet and sour mix
RECONSTRUCTED (SCRATCHISH) INGREDIENTS:
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. cointreau
- 2.5 oz. simple syrup (see below)
- 1.25 oz. lemon Juice
- 1.25 oz. lime juice
- 1.5 oz. water
RECONSTRUCTED (SCRATCHISH GALLON) INGREDIENTS:
- 30 oz. (1/2 1.75 liter) tequila
- 15 oz. cointreau
- 36 oz. simple syrup (see below) (about 3 cups sugar and 3 cups water)
- 16 oz. lemon Juice
- 16 oz. lime juice (or substitute 15 oz bottle)
- 15 oz. water and ice
Simple Syrup (makes a little over 1.5 cups):
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
SIMPLE SYRUP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place ingredients in a microwave-safe containuer (I use a pyrex measuring cup).
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each step until all the sugar is dissolved and the liquid becomes clear again.
- Cool before using.