American Beauty’s recipe with a few tweaks.
- 1 .5 lbs hamburger (browned and drained)
- 12 oz (2 6oz. cans) tomato paste
- 24 oz. water (4 6oz. cans)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 6 teaspoons dried celery flakes (0.25 oz by wt.)
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 8 oz American Beauty® Lasagna
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 1 40z. can of sliced mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (for the top)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan, whisking occasionally.
- Continue simmering for 5 minutes, whisking continuously.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
INSTRUCTIONS (Optional Homemade Noodles):
- Use the recipe for pasta here.
- Roll noodles to 1/8″ thick and as wide as you can make them and as long as the pan you are filling.
- Boil fresh noodles for 90 seconds.
- Remove from water and swish in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Lay out on parchment paper to dry (layer paper, noodles, paper, noodles, etc.)