Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 28 oz enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 lbs meat filling
- 30 6″ corn tortillas
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp flour and bubble for 1 minute. Add enchilada sauce and chicken broth and simmer.
- Heat additional oil in a skillet and soften each tortilla.
- Let sauce and tortillas cool for 15 minutes before proceeding. Hot tortillas tear easily.
- Oil casserole dishes and place 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of each.
- Dip the tortillas in the sauce and lay out on a plate. Add meat, roll, and place in casserole dish.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese over the enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese melts.