If you shred your own cheese, it will melt easier than pre-shredded cheese but this is not required for this recipe.
- 1 box of jumbo pasta shells
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 16 oz (2 small cans) refried beans
- 8 oz. shredded colby jack cheese
- 8 oz. shredded pepperjack cheese
- 56 oz (2 large cans) enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil shells to al dente, drain and set aside to cool.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Spoon enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Mix together: refried beans, cooked hamburger, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, and 3/4 of the shredded cheese.
- Spoon mixture into the cooled pasta shells and place side by side in 3 rows in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees until melted and bubbly.