The easiest Lo Mein you will ever make in 15 minutes from start to finish. It is so much quicker, tastier and healthier than take-out!
NOTE: You can add about 16 ounces of slice, pre-cooked chicken breast, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings, Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS – LO MEIN:
- 8 ounces Lo Mein egg noodles
- Spaghetti, linguine or bucatini can be substituted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
INGREDIENTS – SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot
- Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.