Makes approximately 16 biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pulse together
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter (cold)
- 6 oz. milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Pulse dry ingredients together in a food processor
- Pulse in the butter and shortening
- Pulse in the milk (just enough to bring the mixture together).
- Drop approximately 1/3 cup of mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes.