This recipe is for a 15 lb brisket. Multiply accordingly.
- 10 Tablespoons Randy’s Beefy Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- Optional – 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoons Prague Powder #1 to create a fake smoke ring (a little goes a long way)
- Trim all but 1/4″ fat from the brisket.
- Combine rub and parague powder and sprinkle on brisket.
- Place in a vacuum bag and refrigerate overnight (if you have time).
- Sous vide at 155°F for 24 – 36 hours.
- If you don’t intend to finish the brisket right away, cool it in an ice bath and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze it.
FINISHING IN THE OVEN:
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Remove the brisket from the bag and dry the surface with paper towels.
- Apply additional sea salt and course pepper.
- Lay the brisket out on a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook for at least 2 hours until a dark bark forms.
NOTES FOR FINISHING ON THE GRILL OR IN A SMOKER:
Similar to oven but you could have omitted the liquid smoke in the first step.