Skip to content
CRISCO PIE Crust:
- 1 1⁄3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 stick well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks or 1⁄2 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 -6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 stick well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks or 3⁄4 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 -8 tablespoons ice cold water
- Spoon flour into measuring cup and level. Mix flour and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in Crisco using pastry blender (or 2 knives) until all flour is blended in to form pea-size chunks.
- Sprinkle with water, one tablespoon at a time.
- Toss lightly with fork until dough will form ball. Divide dough in half, if making double crust.
- Press between hands to form one or two 5 to 6-inch “pancakes.”
- Flour dough lightly.
- Roll into circle between sheets of waxed paper on dampened countertop. Peel off top sheet.
For single crust:
- Trim one inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate.
- Flip into pie plate. Remove other sheet and press pastry to fit.
- Fold edge under.
For double crust:
- Flour each half of dough lightly.
- Roll into circles between sheets of waxed paper on dampened counter top.
- Peel off top sheet for bottom crust.
- Transfer bottom crust to pie plate.
- Remove other sheet and press pastry to fit.
- Trim edge even with pie plate.
- Add desired filling to unbaked pie crust.
- Remove top sheet from top crust.
- Lift top crust onto filled pie.
- Remove other sheet.
- Trim to 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- Fold top edge under bottom crust.
- Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
PREBAKING (single crust only):
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork (50 times) to prevent shrinking.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.