We lost this recipe. Luckily, Aunt Darlene got it from mom and wrote it on this card. Tammy had the original.
Makes 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.
- 1 cup shortening (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mix each set of ingredients in separate bowls.
- Stir dry ingredients in to wet ingredients.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into balls (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- Roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon topping.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet (do not flatten).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes (until lightly brown but still soft).
- Warning – over-cooking can make the cookies hard.