Yields about 12 cups or 1 full 7 qt. Crockpot
- 3 Cups Pinto beans Dried
- 7 Cups chicken broth Can substitute water with bullion.
- 1.5 Cups water
- 2 White Onions Medium. Chopped
- 1 Head garlic Can substitute 2 TSP garlic powder per head
- 2.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb bacon Or grease from same amount of bacon (about 8oz by volume)
- 1.5 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Tbsp lime juice added at end
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and save for breakfast, salads, deviled eggs, etc.
- Brown onions and garlic in bacon grease.
- Add grease, onions, and garlic into large crock pot slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and beans.
- Cook on high for 9 hours.
- Add lime juice.
- Puree with an immersion blender and add water as needed to smooth.
- Top with Mexican cheese.