This makes an excellent Parmesan Encrusted Chicken. It is modeled after the Longhorn Steakhouse version.
This recipe is fairly low in carbs. Bread crumbs (Panko) and Ranch dressing are both fairly low but you could lower it even further by substituting bacon crumbles for bread crumbs and homemade ranch dressing for storebought.
NOTE: All measurements are by volume (not weight)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Marinade (1 batch for each breast):
- 1 oz. olive oil
- 1 oz. ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Ranch Spread (1 batch for each breast):
- 1/2 oz. grated Parmesan (packed)
- 1/2 oz. ranch dressing
Parmesan Crumb Topping (1 batch for each breast):
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic salt or
- 1/16 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- I oz. by weight shredded Parmesan
- 1.5 teaspoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 oz. by weight shredded provolone
- Mix the marinade in a small container.
- Place a single chicken breast in a sous vide bag.
- Pour the marinade over both sides of the chicken breast.
- Seal the bag.
- Use a meat tenderizing hammer (smooth side) to pound each breast (in the bag) to about 3/4″ thick.
Don’t use the tenderizing side because it will poke holes in the sous vide bag. I have to say this because I wasn’t paying attention and did it.
- Sous vide at 157 degrees for 45 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the ranch spread and parmesan crumb topping.
- Shred the cheeses. I use a zester for shredding hard cheeses because it shreds very fine and shreds in both directions.
- Mix together the ranch spread and set aside.
- For Parmesan crumb topping, mix bread crumbs, garlic salt, shredded Parmesan and butter. DO NOT ADD the Provolone cheese to this mix. Stir the mixture with a fork until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Remove the cooked chicken breasts from the sous vide and let the excess marinade run off.
- Lay the chicken breasts on an oiled cooking tray or casserole dish.
- Spread the ranch spread on each breast.
- Add the shredded provolone cheese.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan crumb topping.
- Place chicken in the oven on medium broil until the cheese melts and crumb topping begins to turn light brown. Watch it closely. The crumb topping gets dark fast and can burn (see pictures).