These are super easy and cook from frozen in about 5 minutes. It is also low in carbohydrates (about 1 gram).
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked sausage or ham
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (sharp cheddar, Mexican, etc.)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper per omelette)
- Spray the inside of a gallon plastic food bag with non-stick spray or food grade silicone.
- Place all ingredients in the bag.
- Mash the bag to mix ingredients. If you are making a large batch, it is easier to mix the egg and sour cream in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- If you mix in a blender, start with 1/2 cup of egg mixture per omelette until all bags are filled then distribute any remaining mixture evenly between the bags.
- Vacuum Seal the bag (or use a ziplock style bag).
- Use a hard plastic or wooden utensil to push the egg mixure toward the bottom.
- Freeze or use immediately.
- Cut a 1/4″ hole in the top corner of the bag to allow steam to escape.
- If thawed: Microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes watching constantly.
- If frozen: Microwave on 50% power for 5 – 7 minutes.
- If the bag swells, stop the microwave and shake the bag to mix the ingredients.
- When most of the liquid is gone from the bottom of the bag, the omelette is done.
- Carefully remove the omelette from the bag. The steam from the bag will burn your skin.