I liked Gregg’s meatloaf but I wanted to make a recipe that would cook in one hour and have a little more kick. This is what happens when you drink a martini and start adding ingredients as you go. I’m sure Gregg did the same thing while drinking a few beers.
I would like to try this as a Sous Vide for 24 hours recipe and finish on a BBQ grill. I think that would take it to another level.
- 1.5 Tablespoons Oil
- 2 Onions (Diced, sauteed, and cooled)
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 5 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 Cup Bill’s Milk (or whatever you can get)
- 1 Cup Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tube of Saltines (Crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Sage
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (the crackers are already salty)
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (powdered in coffee grinder)
- 1 beef bullion cube (powdered in coffee grinder)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Add the oil to a large fry pan and sautee the onions until soft.
- Add eggs, milk onions and ketchup to meat
- Mix well
- Add bread crumbs
- Add crackers
- Add Salt and pepper
- Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish
- Bake (at 350) for about 45 minutes until the mix reached 160 degrees, internally.
- Mix topping ingredients
- Spread topping on meatloaf and bake 15 – 20 minutes more