NOTE: You can deep fry this mixture by rolling into small balls, coating with an egg and milk mixture and rolling in bread crumbs. You have to freeze the balls solid before deep frying them. If they thaw, they will fall apart when frying. It is a lot of work.
- 10 lbs potatoes
- 1.5 Cup sour cream
- 3 sticks of butter
- 2 lbs bacon
- 1 bundle (4 oz) scallions
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 6 teapoons Salt
- 3 teaspoons Pepper
- Wash and bake potatoes.
- While the potatoes are baking, fry 2 lbs of bacon and drain (reserving the grease).
- Place potatoes in ice water to cool for 5 minutes
- Peel skins from potatoes and discard.
- Place potatoes in an aluminum full-sized steam table pan.
- Add sour cream
- Soften butter and add it to the pan.
- Clean the scallions, removing the roots and the brown portions of the green stalks.
- Chop the bacon and scallinos in a food processor and add the bacon bits to the pan.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Mash the mixture until it resembles chunky mashed potatotes.
- Smash the mixture flat with your hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.