I think I got this recipe from mom.
- 2 Cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 T. flour
- 1 pt. heavy cream
- 2 ½ qt. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Put 1 ½ Cup sugar, the flour, egg yolks and 1 qt. of milk into a heavy saucepan or double boiler.
- Bring to boiling point while stirring constantly.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Stir in the remaining sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Pour remaining milk and the cream in a gallon size freezer can.
- Slowly add and stir in the 2 other mixtures.
- Freeze and eat. Or, pack to ripen if you prefer.