Thanks to Larry Cantrell for this recipe
- 9″ pie shell
- 7 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake pie shell in a pie pan at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pie shell and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Slice the onion and tomatoes.
- Build the pie in layers, rotating between:
- salt and pepper
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Combine mozzarella, parmesan and mayonaise in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degress for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with more basil.