We had these at a cool little bed and breakfast in Napa, CA. Now my cupboard is full of ramekins.
You can vary the meat and vegetables to suit your tastes. See the examples below.
- 2 eggs
- Green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of butter in each ramekin and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Brown vegetables and sausage in butter and oil.
- After the butter cools, swirl it and rub with a clean finger to coat the ramekins.
- Fill the rameken halfway with sausage and vegetable mix.
- Beat 2 eggs and pour into the rameken.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes. The cook will take longer depending on the amount of filling in the rameken. The recipe is done when the egg looks firm on the top and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Use a thermometer to verify.
- Top with mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Switch oven to high broil and broil for 4 minutes until cheese melts and browns.