This is a twist on a stir fry recipe that allows you to prep the chicken and marinade in advance and sous vide it from frozen while you prepare the vegetables.
Serve this with 5 cups of cooked white rice (2 cups rice and 3 cups water or whatever the recipe calls for)
For the chicken in marinade:
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch (or 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum for low carb/keto)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced or grated ginger (Fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in small 1/4″ x 1/2″) pieces
For the Vegetables:
- 2 Tablespoons seasame oil (substitute vegetable oil).
- 8 oz. (1 small can) sliced water chestnuts, drained and slivered
- 1 head of brocolli cut into florets
- 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots (about 2)
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- Stir the Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, and Corn Starch together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the Garlic, Ginger, and Pepper Flakes.
- Heat until combined and starting to give off an aroma.
- Cool the mixture.
- Place the chicken and the marinade mixture in a large sous vide bag and seal.
- Sous Vide the mixture at 158 degrees for 45 minutes (1 hour if frozen)
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegables are tender.
- Drain the juice from the chicken into the pan with the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Boil a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Add the chicken and heat until warm. If you cook the chicken too long, it will become tough.
- Serve over cooked rice.