- Large chicken breasts
- Swiss cheese
- Herb and garlic spices
Mornay: (approximate measurements)
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour (substitute 3 teaspoons of xanthan gum for low carb/keto)
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Aged white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of garlic herb spices
- Preheat Sous Vide to 158 degrees.
- Cut pockets into chicken breasts.
- Lay out 4 ham slices overlapping. NOTE: Many ham products have a lot of water added. If you are using uncooked deli style ham, I would brown or at least heat the ham to remove excess water before adding it. The water would thin the cheese and make it run out.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese in the middle of the slices.
- Roll up the ham slices carefully.
- Slide ham roll into chicken pocket. Extra Swiss cheese inside if you can fit it.
- Use a thick round toothpick to “sew” pocket of chicken closed. (Keep toothpick in chicken until done.)
- Spice chicken with garlic herb mix and salt/pepper.
- Vacuum seal
- Sous Vide for 50 minutes.
- With 7 minutes on the chicken left, melt butter, whisk in flour slowly until thick. (Microwave milk until almost boiling this will prevent lumps when adding to roux.)
- Slowly add the milk into the butter flour roux to make the béchamel (white sauce.)
- Cook béchamel for 1 minute whisking constantly to avoid milk burning to bottom. Once it is thick enough to stay on the spoon, whisk in the cheese to make the Mornay (cheese sauce.)
- Finally add in the herbs and garlic spices to flavor.
- Brown chicken on cast iron skillet and plate. (Don’t forget about the toothpick)
- Pour the Mornay over the chicken to serve.