Skip to content
- From Joanna Gaines’ cookbook.
- Use good, high-end cheese. They make a difference here.
- Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz. bucatini pasta
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese (grated) plus more for garnish
- 3 oz. pecorino cheese (shredded) plus more for garnish
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (grilled and cut into 1-inch slices)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions (reserving 1 cup of the pasta water).
- Drain the pasta.
- Set the pasta and extra water aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add cracked pepper and toast until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the pasta water and whisk until well incorporated.
- Using tongs, add the pasta to the skillet and toss.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter and the cheeses.
- Toss until well coated.
- Place the pasta in bowls and top each serving with sliced chicken.
- Garnish with more cheese and cracked pepper and serve.