Skip to content
- 1.5 pounds of beef chuck roast or stew meat cut into about 1″ cubes
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter (or vegetable oil)
- 5 cups Beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb of carrots (2 or 3) peeled and sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 lb. of potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cubes beef bullion or 1 Tablespoon of granulated or paste
- 2 rosemary twigs.
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Coat the meat in the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the cooker and brown the meat.
- Add the other ingredients except the potatoes, corn starch and milk.
- Set the InstaPot to Dark Meat / Meat + Less / (20 minute) setting.
- When the cooking is finished, use a quick release to stop the cooking.
- Add the potatoes.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use the quick release to stop the cooking.
- Stir the corn starch into the milk.
- Add the corn starch and milk mixture to the stew, stirring rapidly.
- Heat the stew to boiling to incorporate the corn starch and thicken the mixture.