Skip to content
- 5 ounces cake flour unbleached
- 5 ounces rice flour white
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer water cold
- 1/2 cups vodka
- Heat oil to 375 degrees
- Whisk flours together in a medium glass bowl and divide in half.
- Whisk egg, seltzer water and vodka in a medium bowl and divide in half. Put half the mixture in refrigerator to reserve.
- Pour half the liquid mixture into half the dry mixture and whisk 10-15 seconds. Some lumps are ok. Set bowl in larger bowl of ice.
- Dip items in batter using tongs. drain for 2 or 3 seconds then add to the hot oil. Fry 1-2 minutes until puffy and very light golden.
- Keep in 200 degree oven for up to 30 minutes without compromising texture.