Skip to content
This recipe is a modified version of Paula Dean’s recipe. My only addition is the cayenne pepper.
This is supposed to make 12 servings.
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 lb. chicken livers
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cook the rice while the meat is cooking.
- Finely chop the raw sausage and liver in a food processor.
- Cook the sausage, liver, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until brown.
- Add the vegetables and saute on medium-low heat until soft.
- Fold in rice and parsley.
- Season to taste.