Makes 8.5 ounces by volume
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon whole yellow mustard seed (ground)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (ground)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated or powdered garlic
- 1 Tablespoon granulated or powdered onion
- 1 Tablespoon whole coriander seed (ground)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (ground)
- 1/4 cup paprika (doesn’t add much flavor but turns everything red)
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano (I changed this to onion instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon Prague Powder #1 (for a fake smoke ring)
- 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke (for fake smoke taste)
- One batch will season the outside of two large pork butts.
- Another half batch will season the pulled pork from two large pork butts (after pulling).