Skip to content
- 32 oz water
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (apple cider or clear)
- 1 egg
- Bring the water and vinegar to boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Lower the heat to a simmer (small bubbles forming on the bottom).
- Break the egg into a screen filter and let the thinnest white pour through.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the hot water in a circle to create a vortex.
- Pour the egg into the center of the votex.
- Cook for 3 minutes for a runny yolk or 5 minutes for a firmer yolk.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Season to taste and serve.